We invent new technology to help embedded development engineers and teams reach new levels of capability, effectiveness, and performance.
VLAB Works is a software technology company, industry leader in the technology for modeling, simulation, and virtual prototyping of embedded electronic systems and the application of this technology to the virtualization and automation of the embedded system development process. We help replace hardware with software, paper specifications with live simulations, late with early, slow with fast, limited with unlimited, complex with simple, and manual with automated.
VLAB Works technology and solutions enable production level agile embedded development processes and help accelerate product development schedules, develop optimized software and systems, improve quality, reduce risk, and eliminate the need for physical lab set ups and hardware. VLAB Works helps customers design better products, do a better job in development, reduce the need for manufacturing and hardware, and help keep our planet greener.
At VLAB Works our core mission is to reduce the barriers to the broader application of modeling, simulation, and all-in-software product prototyping and realization, providing new alternatives to traditional industry development tools and methodologies. With VLAB, companies can significantly reduce the complexity, scale, and cost of investment, adoption and application of these new technologies in their internal development operations, as well as significantly reduce the cost of supply and support to their own customers and partners in the design ecosystem. This, together with the wider application and greater value proposition of VLAB to the entire end to end development process, helps companies achieve greater return on investment.
Careers – Software Engineers
ASTC is looking to fill multiple positions for highly talented and driven senior level software engineers with the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience
- C/C++ or similar programming languages
- Python or similar scripting language
- Hardware architecture and embedded electronics systems
- Basics of software development processes and tools
- Good data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Goal driven, motivated individual with focus on outcomes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of automotive, aerospace, medical, industrial or military electronics system architectures and applications
- Working knowledge of hardware/software interfaces and their operation in embedded systems
- Customer communication and support
- 10+ years of experience
- Knowledge of hardware simulation, emulation or virtualisation tools and environments (SystemC, QEmu, KVM/Xen, Verilog/VHDL)
- Linux or embedded RTOS architecture and operation, including driver software
- Development and debug of assembly code or equivalent
- Bring-up and debug of embedded software on hardware and virtual hardware prototypes
- Knowledge of Japanese language
If you think you have the key skills and passion in the above areas, a burning drive for innovation, and want to play a key role in breaking new ground in the global embedded semiconductor and software industry, while enjoying the good life that our wonderful city can offer, then please apply via the ASTC Careers Page.
VLAB Works is a subsidiary division of ASTC, with offices in America, Australia, Europe, and Japan. With a team, organization, history, and experience stretching back to the early 90s, VLAB Works and ASTC employ over 100 staff in R&D, product engineering and customer service and support on four continents.
Australia, New Zealand and Asia
Level 5, 76 Waymouth Street
Adelaide, SA 5000
Phone: +61 417 867 199
Fax: +61 8 8410 2249
42 Avenue du Général de Croutte
Phone: +33 (0) 5 62 48 07 27
PO Box 119, 5580 AC Waalre
Phone: +31 6 8317 7471
14F ARCA Central 1-2-1 Kinshi
Phone: +81 3 6853 6681
Fax: +81 3 6853 6601
100 Trade Center Drive, Suite 302
Phone: +1 512 660 1901